Evolution

8.01.2005

bumps in the road to greatness

Nobody ever became the world's greatest surfer without suffering a few minor setbacks on the way there. This is undoubtedly true.

However, my goal was a little more obtainable...mediocrity. Not wiping out on 3 foot waves. linking turns. not being the worst surfer at the break...these type of things. You got to walk before you can run, that type of stuff. And I've been making lots of progress!

Sadly, Jubu surfblog fans, I am here to report that progress will be put on hold for an indeterminate amount of time as I focus my attentions on expanding my beer belly, watching TV, playing video games, and other more cerebral stationary pursuits...playing basketball a week or so ago I felt a pop in my knee, followed by a good deal of pain. I still don't know what it is for sure, MRI was this morning, results come in 2-3 days, but doc thinks it's either torn ACL or torn meniscus or both. Let's hope for the meniscus!

Either way, I'll be out of action for a little while. But do not despair--I will be back, fully robotized with bionic knee armor in place, ripping like no San Jose valley resident has ever ripped before! Of this I am certain.

I will post again when I have more info about the MRI results. On the bright side, this recent downtime summer vacation has allowed me to read the new Harry Potter book, which was entertaining. And also my PartyPoker.com account has burgeoned from -$500 to +$150. On my way to riches, I am! Stay outta my way as I rise to the top!

And also, I (with the help of Snoodle) cleaned all the nasty dirty blackened wax off my longboard on Saturday. It looks brand new. Really pretty fun scraping/rubbing that junk off, and no kidding board looks fantastic. There was a lot of wax on that board, like Mike says, us Bennett bro's love our wax! If you are ever selling a board, take the 30 minutes and clean off the wax...you'll get $50 more for it, I guarantee. Or you'll decide it's such a nice board, why am I selling it, and you won't get any money but you'll get to keep a nice clean board that you love. I will never sell my longboard as it is my first board ever, it holds a special place in my heart.

-Nic

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

snoodle sounds like the best...

8/03/2005 11:45 AM

 
Blogger Blaze The Trail Cat said...

you will never sell your longboard, but your brother might someday break it in half! haha!!

8/04/2005 10:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home